b-hebrew - Re: new to the world

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Kevin W. Woodruff" <cierpke AT prodigy.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: new to the world
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:08:05 -0400

Pete:

There is a new one that you may want to check out published by Zondervan by
Gary D. Pratico and Miles V. Van Pelt. I saw galley proofs of this at the
Evangelical Theological Society meeting and it looks great

0310237602
Basics of Biblical Hebrew Grammar
Gary D. Pratico and
Miles V.
Van Pelt

$35.99
0310237017
Basics of Biblical Hebrew Workbook
Gary D. Pratico and
Miles V.
Van Pelt

There is also a new one out by Baker called Introducing Biblical Hebrew
List price US$39.99; ISBN 0801021472 by Dr. Allen Ross

Kevin

At 12:46 PM 6/25/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>I am new to the Hebrew world. Actually, I'm so new that I have not yet
>touched a textbook. I'm going to start self studying soon and I thought I
>could get some advice on which textbook series to use.
>
>I have heard of ones by Kittle, Seow, and Kelley, and have heard raving
>positives and raving negatives about all three. What do you guys
>reccommend?
>
>Another option I was considering was doing a little preschool (a primer or
>so) such as The First Hebrew Primer: Third Edition by Ethelyn Simon. This
>could ease me into it and help me learn the alphebet real well before I
>start serious study. This also will correspond well with my upcoming
>plans, ie taking a year of intense graduate study in engineering and
>having a baby in eight months! Considering those, and my continued
>interest to study Greek which I am pretty far along, I may only have time
>for some background study.
>
>I'm open to any advice. Thanks and hello again,
>Pete Richert

>---
>You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: [cierpke AT prodigy.net]
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')
>To subscribe, send an email to join-b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu.

Kevin W. Woodruff, M. Div.
Library Director/Reference Librarian
Professor of New Testament Greek
Cierpke Memorial Library