b-hebrew - RE: begin-title / end-title

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "Trevor Peterson" <speederson AT erols.com>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: begin-title / end-title
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 16:26:50 -0000

We do have Psalm 18 quoted, with a superscription but no "end title", in 2
Samuel 22. Also a long compilation from various psalms in 1 Chronicles 16,
with a superscription (verse 7) and a response (verse 36b) which looks
interestingly similar to Psalm 106:48, which is probably the closure to Book
IV of the Psalms. Of course these have their own uncertain textual
histories, but the evidence of Psalm 106:48 suggests to me that at least
Chronicles is quoting from the book of Psalms in a form similar to what we
have now.

Peter Kirk