b-hebrew - Re: begin-title / end-title

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lee R. Martin" <lmartin AT vol.com>
  • To: Banyai Michael <banyai AT t-online.de>, Hebrew List <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: begin-title / end-title
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 13:25:16 -0500

Dear Michael,
I do not think your theory is reasonable. An introductory word at the
beginning of a
scroll is understandable, but the concluding repetition would be unnecessary.
Also,
the content of ten verses is not long enough to fill a scroll.
I am not and expert on scrolls, so I will concede that the practice of
inclusio was
done if you will point me to some examples from extant scrolls.
Thank you,
Lee R. Martin
COG Theol. Seminary

--

Lee R. Martin
Pastor, Prospect Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee