b-hebrew - FW: FW: SIL Ezra in HTML

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: <delbourne AT home.com>
  • Cc: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: FW: FW: SIL Ezra in HTML
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 10:39:20 +0400

Dear Don,

I hope this reply will be helpful to you. It seems that Netscape thinks you
have CP1252 etc text, which doesn't match the font, so it uses the default
font - qute logical really. So maybe you need to specify the character set
and encoding of your text (as "symbol") in your HTML, to match the "symbol"
font. That may solve the problem with IE5.5 as well. I don't know enough
HTML to know how to do that. Can anyone enlighten us?

Peter Kirk