b-hebrew - RE: The Flood

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "Ian Hutchesson" <mc2499 AT mclink.it>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: The Flood
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 23:54:15 +0500

Ian,

OK, you responded to the first part of Rolf's paragraph with a typical
quibble about terminology. But first you wrote: "I don't think it is
relevant to attempt to tie the notion of absolute chronology to astronomical
(or other observable) phenomena." And then you wrote nothing more about
astronomical chronology in your posting. I took this to mean that you were
declining to respond to Rolf's main point in this paragraph: "If you are
aware of older astronomical data that can be used for an absolute
chronology, I will like to know it."

Peter Kirk