b-hebrew - Eblaite?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Eblaite?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 07:03:03 -0700

For a while in the 80's it appeared that Eblaite was going to be the
next Ugaritic, shedding tons of light on our knowledge of Hebrew.
But as far as I can see, upon the passing of Mitchell Dahood,
things sort of faded out. What's the latest (if anything) on this
language and the things it might be able to teach us about b-
Hebrew? Can anyone suggest a fairly recent bibliography on the
subject and perhaps offer a short overview of what progress has
been made since Dahood? Items in English, French, German and
Modern Hebrew will work for me..
Thanks,

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur