b-hebrew - Testy language

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Gregory and Carol Yeager <cgyeager AT mwci.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Testy language
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 13:27:32 -0500

Someone wrote:

> I think that the
> logic you use is flawed and reactionary.
>

> Thank you.

I rather disagree. Listserves and eMail is impersonal. It's just
courtesy to use a real name, as you would speak to someone with a real
face. I think the use of words like "flawed and reactionary" are
themselves what is inappropriate.

BTW Matres Lectionis are letters waw, he and yodh placed into the
Hebrew text to act as "semi-vowels" or at least as markers to help in
the reading of the consonatal text. It's latin for Mothers of Reading.

Peace - and less inflamatory language, please.

Greg Yeager
Dubuque Iowa