b-hebrew - Re: Hebrew vowel pointings in the MT

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "atombomb AT sirius.com" <atombomb AT sirius.com>
  • To: "'b-hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, Andrew Kulikovsky <anku AT CelsiusTech.com.au>
  • Subject: Re: Hebrew vowel pointings in the MT
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 11:03:36 -0700

Andrew Kulikovsky wrote:

> Only the autographs are inspired.

Andrew: Your other question (not quoted here) about the origin of the
vowel pointings is a good one, but I would quibble with the aforegoing
statement. Only the autographs are inspired, unless the text belonged
to, and in some sense was written by, a community which closed its canon
(and I mean the canon of any single work) at a later stage in the process.

Regards to all.

John Burnett