b-hebrew - RE: Hebrew vowel pointings in the MT

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Andrew Kulikovsky <anku AT CelsiusTech.com.au>
  • To: "'Kevin W. Woodruff'" <cierpke AT utc.campuscw.net>
  • Cc: "'b-hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Hebrew vowel pointings in the MT
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 09:59:35 +0930

But the same could be said for the consonantal text...

It also represents an ancient tradition but is not necessarily infallible.
Only the autographs are inspired.

What I am really interested in knowing is the origin of the pointing
tradition used in the MT and how reliable it is. Also, are there many
varints of the pointings?

cheers,
Andrew
--
Andrew S. Kulikovsky B.App.Sc(Hons) MACS
Software Engineer

"The road to tyranny, we must never forget,
is the destruction of the truth."
-- President Bill Clinton, during a
speech at the University of
Connecticut, 1995.