b-hebrew - Re: wehashkem weshaloach in Jeremiah 26:5

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Moon-Ryul Jung" <moon AT computing.soongsil.ac.kr>
  • To: b-hebrew
  • Subject: Re: wehashkem weshaloach in Jeremiah 26:5
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 21:45:36

Bryan,
thanks.

But how about this? Can we grammatically take "to-rise-early" to modify
"to-send", and then to take the whole phrase "namely, to-rise early and
to-send"
to modify the participle clause "I am sending"? Then the whole sentence
may be translated as
"the prophet which I am sending to you, namely sending eagerly (or again
and again)". Then the waw in front of "to-rise-early and to-send" is
considered a "explanatory waw". The only problem here seems to be whether
infinitive absolute "to-rise-early" can modify the following phrase "waw
+ absolute infinitive". Is there any other examples of "infinitive waw
infinitive" where the first infinitive modifies the second infinitive?

Peace,
Moon