acawiki-general - [acawiki-general] Conference naming scheme?

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Jodi Schneider <jschneider AT pobox.com>
  • To: "AcaWiki general (listserv)" <acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [acawiki-general] Conference naming scheme?
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 13:01:28 +0100

Should we try to normalize the way conferences are named?

Right now, we sometimes include the year or number of the conference. That makes browsing a lot worse. For instance, here's are three entries for HICSS, the Hawaii International Conference on Systems Science:
There's a separate field for year, so I'd suggest omitting that, and just using the full name of the conference. For instance, here I'd use "Hawaii International Conference on Systems Science".

Thoughts?

-Jodi