xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Possible bug in build(String systemID) where systemID points to a resource within a jar file

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Daniel Lowe <dl387 AT cam.ac.uk>
  • To: XOM API for Processing XML with Java <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Possible bug in build(String systemID) where systemID points to a resource within a jar file
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:01:32 +0000

That would be appreciated although I will investigate replacing the offending code with an alternative method for loading the XML file from the jar.
I don't think:
ClassLoader l = getClass().getClassLoader();
URL u = l.getResource(resource);
Document d = new Builder().build(u.toString());
where resource is the name of a file and URL is a java.net.URL is a particularly odd way of getting at a resource so I could imagine others may also run into this especially as it works in XOM 1.1

Daniel

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
See here:

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/xom-interest/2009-September/004016.html

I suppose if there's a lot of demand for using jar URLs, I can
consider it if (and only if) supporting Sun's non-conformant URls
doesn't cause any downstream problems.