xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Apparent Bug in XOMTestCase

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: XOM API for Processing XML with Java <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Apparent Bug in XOMTestCase
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 07:04:26 -0400

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 4:17 AM, Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 AT cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Thanks - the problem was that although we have spread 1.2.3 throughout most
> of our system it happened  that an early XOM version was being used in this
> case. Problem has evaporated.
>
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Elliotte Rusty Harold

>> What I mean was that in future would it be possible to have XOM
> functionality such as Node.getVersion() so that we wouldn't file bugs from
> outdated versions.

That might be useful but it's not immediately obvious how to do it.
Two questions:

1. What class has the getVersion method? My gut is it really belongs
in a separate class you could ignore if you don't need it, not Node.
E.g. Version.getVersion().

2. How do I sync the version number between the Ant build.xml and the
Java source code so that there is one source of truth? (I already have
this problem in the nu.xom.Info class.)

Hmm, maybe the Info class just needs to be public, add a getVersion()
method, and then write an Ant extension function that pulls the
version number out of the Info class? I wonder hwo tough it would be
to write such an extension function.

elharo AT ibiblio.org

  • Re: [XOM-interest] Apparent Bug in XOMTestCase, Elliotte Rusty Harold, 10/07/2009