xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Which xerces jars are required for XOM-1.2.3

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: XOM API for Processing XML with Java <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Which xerces jars are required for XOM-1.2.3
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 06:42:29 -0400

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 6:34 AM, Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 AT cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> When running against the latest jar (1.2.3) I need Xerces and possibly other
> jars. Could you please indicate which are required (or alternatively perhaps
> package them in the distro).

XOM should work with just the single XOM jar and any reasonably modern
JDK, though as Michael Kay keeps pointing out the parsers bundled with
the JDK are often buggy. You'd likely do better to add a more recent
Xerces (2.6.1 or later) to your classpath. However that;s not
required. I've gone to great lengths to strip out dependencies on 3rd
party libraries from XOM.

elharo AT ibiblio.org