xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Installing XOM

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Bruce Hyatt <bruce.hyatt AT gmail.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Installing XOM
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 19:16:01 -0500

Hello. I'm teaching myself Java 6 and a tutorial I'm using uses XOM
and Xerces. My problem is that the installation instructions appear to
be short on details for me.

1) I put xom-1.1.jar in my classpath and tried running the
PrettyPrinter demo to make sure it is working and it returns "could
not find the main class: xom-samples.jar:xom-1.1.jar"
2) Do I need to do anything with the class file in the
classes15/nu/xom directory? What about the data directory?
3) To use xerces do I also place the jar in the classpath?
4) I know I can use the -classpath argument instead of putting the jar
in the classpath. What are the performance implications of having a
lot of entries in classpath?

TIA,
Bruce Hyatt

  • [XOM-interest] Installing XOM, Bruce Hyatt, 01/16/2009