xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] open HTML entities

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Diego Campo <diego.campo AT properazzi.com>
  • To: elharo AT metalab.unc.edu
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] open HTML entities
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:03:03 +0100

Thanks for the reply.

Now that I'm reading it, I've found there is some jargon on the mail
I've sent, and that my points may not be clear. Sorry about that.

The url that I provide here, appears on another page (which I'm not
responsible for, but try to crawl and extract info from).

Please focus on this text:
wherefrom=web&amp;lang=D&amp;job=detail
Firstly the &amp; is correctly read to &. That's ok. Then it comes as:
wherefrom=web&lang=D&job=detail
And here, as &lang; is one of the HTML Entities, it is assuming that
&lang unclosed means the HTML Entity &lang; , when it is not closed!
wherefrom=web〈=D&job=detail

The thing is, I don't expect it to be taken as an entity, because it's
not. Since xom has correctness as its first goal, this surprises me.

I hope this is clear enough.