xom-interest - [XOM-interest] getElementById (not again.... I know, but..)

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Jan Venema" <jan.venema AT gmail.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] getElementById (not again.... I know, but..)
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 13:10:36 +0200

No getElementById?

I thougth ID was special in XML.
XOM tries to be correct, so why not tread ID as a first-class citizen.
And since XOM API is targetted at non-experts (from the tutorial section at
xom.nu) I think it is an omission not to include it.

I remember on company that found the concept *so* important to their users
that they even called it "Document.all"

Well since it is not there and since XOM is a dictatorship and since that's
good for API design and since I agree with that, will the generalisimo at
least add a section to the tutorial where the XOM equivalent to
getElementById is explained.

\\\//
(o o)
Jan Venema