xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1 Parse question

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Michael Kay" <mike AT saxonica.com>
  • To: "'David Forslund'" <forslund AT mail.com>, <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1 Parse question
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 16:59:48 -0000

> If I remove the
> xmlns:schemaLocation="http://LexGrid.org/schema/2005/01/LexGri
> d/codingSchemes
> http://LexGrid.org/schema/2005/01/LexGrid/codingSchemes.xsd";
>
> namespace declaration it parses correctly.
>
> I believe the file is using the schemaLocation correctly based on:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#schemaLocation

I think you meant to write xsi:schemaLocation rather than
xmlns:schemaLocation.

XOM is notoriously fussy about the strings it allows you to use as namespace
URIs. Many XML parsers allow you to get away with any old string, but XOM
adopts a stricter interpretation: in this case this seems to have caught a
genuine error.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/