xom-interest - [XOM-interest] dom serialization with qnames

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Steve Loughran <steve.loughran AT gmail.com>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] dom serialization with qnames
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:44:12 +0000

this sort of makes sense, as qnames are a quirk of XSD, but it is
causing failures of some tests, nonetheless.

This is a snipped of a test document which is being loaded in DOM3 and
passed to xom for building, which I do by serializing and then reloading
in my own factory.

<cdl:cdl xmlns:test1="http://cddlm.org/test1.cdl";>
<cdl:import location="http://cddlm.org/test1.cdl";
namespace="http://cddlm.org/test1.cdl";
/>
<cdl:system>
<MyServer cdl:extends="test1:WebServer">
<hostname>www.cddlm.org</hostname>
<test1:ex>ex</test1:ex>
</MyServer>
</cdl:system>
</cdl:cdl>

I'm getting an unknown prefix test1: when the QName is validated,
because something isnt setting the qname there.

Caused by: nu.xom.ValidityException: UndeclaredPrefix: Cannot resolve
'test1:WebServer' as a QName: the prefix 'test1' is not declared. at
line 5, column 53
at nu.xom.Builder$ValidityRequired.error(Builder.java:1227)

Yet I know the xmlns is being passed down, because if I comment out that
attribute, the nested <test1:ex> element is working.

Anyone come across this?

with dom-xom-file-xom conversion going on, this is going to be fun to
track down.