xom-interest - [XOM-interest] feature request: being able to specify the NodeFactory for DomConverter

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Steve Loughran <steve.loughran AT gmail.com>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] feature request: being able to specify the NodeFactory for DomConverter
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:13:56 +0000

I'm trying to convert a w3c.dom.Document into a xom one, but need to
pass in my own node factory.

there isnt any option to pass one down, nor can I easily tack one in
by a bit of subclassing, as the DomConverter doesnt use a node factory
and doesnt have a method createNodeFactory() that I could have
overridden.

The fact that everything is static complicates life too. It may be
easiest to take the hit and save to a buffer and reparse, which is
what I always seem to end up doing.

-steve