xom-interest - [XOM-interest] 1.1 planned for November

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] 1.1 planned for November
  • Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 08:17:19 -0400

Just to give everyone a heads up, there have been no issues found with the current beta, so unless something turns up in the next few weeks, I plan to call 1.1 final in early November. If you've got any last minute bug reports, please send them in as soon as possible.

I've decided to postpone some of the trickier optimizations Wolfgang has suggested till after 1.1. They're still on the table, but I don't want to delay the release of what's a fairly complete API and a major improvement over 1.0 any longer. However, if anybody notices anything relatively simple I could still do to speed XOM up, holler. Thanks.