xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOMHandler with DocType.setInternalSubset() bug

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • To: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOMHandler with DocType.setInternalSubset() bug
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:37:27 -0700

On Sep 22, 2005, at 11:36 AM, Elliotte Harold wrote:

OK. I think I see the problem now. It's not quite where I thought it was. The issue is the parser used to check the internal DTD subset, not the parser used to build the document at all.

Right. The issue is that setInternalSubset() does not accept what parsing did accept happily. This breaks round tripping.
In order words, the Verifier's subset parser should not reject what the original xml file parser accepted previously.
Wolfgang.

It's easy enough to fix, though I don't know how to write a reproducible test case for this short of using a custom ClassLoader.

No idea why that might be necessary.

Wolfgang.