xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Need to preserver duplicate namespacedeclarations

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • To: Michael Kay <mike AT saxonica.com>
  • Cc: 'Elliotte Harold' <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>, xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Need to preserver duplicate namespacedeclarations
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 15:50:39 -0700

If one wanted to recreate the exact same XOM document, preserving additional namespace declarations "as is" is key. In this context it's not really relevant to what extent model XYZ treats things as different or identical; I'd like things round-tripped "as is", under any and all circumstances. The only efficient way I found to do this is via a new method getAdditionalNamespaceDeclarations(), as outlined before.

[Incidentally this speeds up bnux over namespaced documents by a factor 3, both on serialization and deserialization, now closely matching performance on documents that have no namespaces at all.]

Wolfgang.