xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] CDATA section serialization

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Noam Tamim <noamtm AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] CDATA section serialization
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:21:59 -0400

Noam Tamim wrote:
[Sorry, sent it only to Elliotte]

Remind me again, why do you think keeping the original (Text-CDATA-Text-CDATA-Text) is wrong?
That is, why can't I use XOM to change some input XML that has Text and CDATA nodes, and have the CDATA sections preserved when serialized back into XML?

Because XOM follows the XPath definition of nodes to the maximum extent practical. In particular, each text node consists of the maximum contiguous run of text.