xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XML "size"

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • To: Luca Passani <passani AT eunet.no>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XML "size"
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 07:26:25 -0700

Nux XOMUtil.getMemorySize(Node)

/**
* Returns a reasonable approximation of the main memory consumed by the
* given XOM subtree. Assumes that qname Strings are interned, but Text
* values and Attribute values are not. For simplicity, assumes no VM word
* boundary alignment of instance vars. Useful for memory- sensitive caches.
*/

It's not a public method but you could copy and paste it, if that's what you are looking for.
The impl is simple.
Wolfgang.