xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] javascript

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Luca Passani <passani AT eunet.no>
  • To: John Cowan <jcowan AT reutershealth.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] javascript
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 15:37:04 +0200

John Cowan wrote:

Luca Passani scripsit:

How do I force XOM to diplay '<' and not &lt; ?

You don't want it to.
yes, I do!
Remember that XOM is generating XML, not HTML, and
in XML, a < character may appear only at the beginning of a tag.

some people live in XML worlds, others live in the real world :)
I need to produce '>' and '<' because that's the only way I can compare numbers in JavaScript!

If
XOM were to do what you want it to, the output would not be well-formed
(which is another way of saying it is not XML at all).

I tried to use <![CDATA[, but I get &lt;![CADA[ isn't that wrong?

If you want to write HTML output, you can use the hacked version of
XMLWriter packaged with TagSoup.

that may be a solution. Let me look around?

BTW TagSoup rocks, but I am noticing that it's not doing too well with long lists of JavaScript...
do I need to submit a bug report of some kind?

thanks

Luca