xom-interest - [XOM-interest] 1.1 Beta 1

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] 1.1 Beta 1
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:41:36 -0400

I've posted the first beta of XOM 1.1 in the usual location:

http://www.xom.nu/unstable.html

The main new feature in this beta is improved support for Java 1.4's built-in Crimson parser. In addition a number of bugs have been fixed in XPath. There've been a few other random bug fixes and code improvements.

I wasn't planning this release quite so soon. I pushed it out the door because I discovered a license problem in Jaxen, which XOM 1.1 bundles. Some proprietary code had slipped into the Jaxen code base that the Jaxen Project didn't actually own. That is now being fixed, and the problematic file is no longer present in XOM. However, a side effect of the fix for this problem in Jaxen is that Java 1.4 is now required for XOM, at least if you're using XOM's built-in XPath. I plan to fix this in the next release, so that XOM will once again compile and run in 1.2 and later.

Fortunately XOM 1.0 is not affected by any of this, and is still available.

  • [XOM-interest] 1.1 Beta 1, Elliotte Harold, 04/16/2005