xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] More on LGPL

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Paul King <paulk AT asert.com.au>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] More on LGPL
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 21:23:06 +1000

I have an interesting poll.

Does anyone know of a major java vendor who bundles LGPL software with
their major products? IBM? Oracle? Sun? BEA?

Any Java Application Server? Portals? Mobile Phone Vendors?
Any IDE? Any Java Database? Any Application Vendors, e.g. Bug tracking
systems, Wikis, CRMs.

It would be interesting to see what others have done in this area?

The ones we can't list are the ones who are potentially paranoid
about using XOM.

Cheers, Paul.

Elliotte Harold wrote:
John Reynold's java.net blog pointed me to this post from the FSF about the LGPL and Java that clarifies, hopefully for the last time, that merely importing, invoking, or inheriting from an LGPL class does not infect code with the LGPL.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-java.html