xom-interest - [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1d4

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1d4
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:04:58 -0500

XOM has hit a relatively stable point, so I've decided to call this d4. You'll find it in the usual location:

http://www.xom.nu/unstable.html

Changes since d3 include:

Document Subset Canonicalization

A Namespace class used in XPath node-sets. XPath expressions such as //namespace::node() no longer throw an exception.

Some bug fixes in Jaxen

Fixed bug that prevented round tripping of \r\n in attribute values

The XPath API still feels unstable to me, so I've decided not to announce it more broadly at this time. I want to at least implement exclusive XML canonicalization, and see if that reveals any more limitations of the XPath API before I announce 1.1 beyond this list.

  • [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1d4, Elliotte Harold, 01/30/2005