xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] setInternalDTDSubset

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] setInternalDTDSubset
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:30:46 -0500

Wolfgang Hoschek wrote:

Thanks, that fixes the two bugs, but the third that only occurs with crimson still exists:

cat wolf/w3c-xmlconformance/xmltest/valid/sa/090.xml
<!DOCTYPE doc [
<!ATTLIST e a NOTATION (n) #IMPLIED>
<!ELEMENT doc (e)*>
<!ELEMENT e (#PCDATA)>
<!NOTATION n PUBLIC "whatever">
]>
<doc></doc>

doc.toXML() output:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE doc [
<!ATTLIST e a NOTATION n #IMPLIED>
<!ELEMENT doc (e)*>
<!NOTATION n PUBLIC "whatever">
]>
<doc />

This is a different issue. Looking at the SAX documentation, I feel reasonably confident in saying this is a Crimson bug. "he type will be one of the strings "CDATA", "ID", "IDREF", "IDREFS", "NMTOKEN", "NMTOKENS", "ENTITY", "ENTITIES", a parenthesized token group with the separator "|" and all whitespace removed, or the word "NOTATION" followed by a space followed by a parenthesized token group with all whitespace removed." So if the parentheses aren't showing up, then it's Crimson's fault. I can probably work around it.