xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Question about: writeNamespaceDeclarations(Element)

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Kevin S. Clarke" <ksclarke AT gmail.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Question about: writeNamespaceDeclarations(Element)
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:34:43 -0500

writeNamespaceDeclarations(Element) in Serializer

Is there a reason why the Element supplied to this method must have a
parent? I'd like to be able to pass in a top-level element that
doesn't have a parent.

I can get around the requirement by creating a Document to give the
element to, but since I'm streaming out something that is being
converted to XML on the fly I don't need the Document for any other
purpose other than to prevent the NPE from being thrown.

Thanks, Kevin

  • [XOM-interest] Question about: writeNamespaceDeclarations(Element), Kevin S. Clarke, 01/10/2005