xom-interest - RE: [XOM-interest] RE: XPath support in XOM

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Michael Kay" <mike AT saxonica.com>
  • To: "'Elliotte Harold'" <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>, "'norwoods'" <norwoods AT gbronline.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [XOM-interest] RE: XPath support in XOM
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:41:40 -0000

I've raised a note with the WGs about whether we should relax this
constraint. It's appropriate that a data model constructed by parsing raw
XML, and a data model constructed by XSLT or XQuery should have conjoined
text nodes, but I can't see a strong reason why a data model constructed
programmatically should have to obey this constraint.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/