xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Almost there: Beta 11/Release Candidate 5

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Almost there: Beta 11/Release Candidate 5
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 08:22:23 -0500

Folks,

I've uploaded what I really, really, really, *really*, hope is the final beta release of XOM to the usual location:

http://www.xom.nu/

This release mostly addresses packaging and documentation. In particular it restores the three servlet samples (FibonacciServlet, FibonacciSOAPServlet, and FibonacciXMLRPCServlet) but modifies the build.xml file so that these are only compiled if these are only compiled when the servlet classes are available. In addition I added README.txt and LICENSE.txt files to the main distribution. I also made some minor changes to the source code (removing a couple of unused local variables and methods, editing comments) that should not affect the API or behavior in any noticeable way.

Please download this release and let me know if any problems surface. I'm particularly interested in knowing whether you think the README is sufficient to allow someone to start using XOM, or whether there are any important omissions or errors. Thanks!

Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0321150406/ref=nosim/cafeaulaitA

  • [XOM-interest] Almost there: Beta 11/Release Candidate 5, Elliotte Rusty Harold, 01/02/2005