xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Building XOM with Ant 1.6

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Building XOM with Ant 1.6
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:15:58 -0400

Currently there is an unresolved incompatibility between XOM and Ant 1.6. Specifically the test target fails when run with Ant 1.6, probably due to classloader issues. It succeeds with Ant 1.5.4 as long as you add the junit.jar file to $ANT_HOME/lib. I would like to fix this, but I'm really at my wit's end about it.

I have read the FAQs and the manual and googled this problem until my fingers cramped up. They're a lot of people out there who've encountered similar problems, but none of their solutions seem to work for XOM. If anyone can figure out what magic needs to happen to make the test target work with Ant 1.6, I would greatly appreciate it. If no one can make this work, then I will probably resort to launching the test runner manually as a java task, rather than using a junit task. This is what I already do for the testui target. However, it really feels like I shouldn't have to do this.

  • [XOM-interest] Building XOM with Ant 1.6, Elliotte Harold, 09/13/2004