xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Re: XSLTransform constructors are flawed

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Re: XSLTransform constructors are flawed
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 06:06:07 -0400

At 1:02 PM -0700 9/2/04, Wolfgang Hoschek wrote:

Yes, but it seems that if XSLTransform(InputStream) is potentially problematic, so is Builder(InputStream) as well. The problem is the same, or am I missing something here?

Yes, but there are situations where you have an InputStream or a Reader and don't have a real base URI for it, so you just have to deal. These are probably more problematic more of the time with XSLT though, than with generic XML. I could pull the no-base methods out of Builder but those methods seem to me to be more likely to be used and less likely to cause problems than the ones in XSLTransform.

Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)