xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Bug in Element.getNamespaceURI(String prefix)

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Laurent Bihanic <laurent.bihanic AT atosorigin.com>
  • Cc: XOM-interest <XOM-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Bug in Element.getNamespaceURI(String prefix)
  • Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:54:15 +0100

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
Let me think about this. The question is whether null should always throw the NullPointerException or should always be treated the same as the empty string, right? TRhere may be a problem with the Buolder receiving SAX events that makes this tricky, but I'll need to investigate further.

In SAX, prefixes are not reported alone, they're part of the element QName. On the other hand, some XMLReader implementations do not use empty strings but nulls to report absence of Namespace. This was a known Xalan 2.0.0 bug.

Laurent