xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Remarks on 1.0d9 API

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Laurent Bihanic <laurent.bihanic AT atosorigin.com>
  • To: XOM-interest <XOM-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Remarks on 1.0d9 API
  • Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 11:29:08 +0100

Hi,

Few more remarks on XOM 1.0d9 API:

1. What is the purpose of Element.getFirstChildElement methods now that getNextSibling has been removed?

2. In the Javadoc of the Element class and of Element.getNamespacePrefix, the description of the possible prefix values is not clear. Cases where the prefix is null (no namespace?) or an empty string (default namespace?) shall be detailed.

3. Constructors taking 3 arguments (local name, namespace prefix and namespace URI) would be welcome for both Element and Attribute. I encountered the case where I had to concatenate the prefix, ':' and the actual name to invoke a constructor that performs the opposite operation!

Laurent