xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Remarks on 1.0d8 API

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Laurent Bihanic <laurent.bihanic AT atosorigin.com>
  • Cc: XOM-interest <XOM-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Remarks on 1.0d8 API
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 10:20:45 -0500

At 7:26 PM +0100 1/15/03, Laurent Bihanic wrote:

Hence, you can easily reach the following situation:
1. call e.addNamespaceDeclaration() to redeclare the NS of an attribute: OK
2. call e.getNamespaceURI(prefix): OK, youy get the NS URI
3. call e.getNamespaceDeclarationCount and a loop to gather all prefixes: You won't find the namespace you've just declared.

Actually, you can't reach that situation, or at least I don't think you can. Curretnly, you cannot redeclare the namespace of an attribute by calling e.addNamespaceDeclaration(). Did you mean something else?

| Elliotte Rusty Harold | elharo AT metalab.unc.edu | Writer/Programmer |
| Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002) |
| http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava |
| http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA |
| Read Cafe au Lait for Java News: http://www.cafeaulait.org/ |
| Read Cafe con Leche for XML News: http://www.cafeconleche.org/ |