xom-interest - [XOM-interest] builder.build(xmlString, baseString)

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: a student <tutor AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] builder.build(xmlString, baseString)
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 22:34:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:

> How would that work? Which APIs are you using? IN my experience, HTTP
> POST (and GET) normally uses streams. That's with sockets,
> java.net.URL, or servlets. Which APIs use strings?
> --

I'm using Apache's axis SOAP engine, which does the i/o,
and maps the params/output to java classes.
alot of magic under the hood, but frequently difficult to follow.
your book on processing xml with java has been quite a help there.

with axis you frequently hold a String (client or service)
though it's easy enough to wrap it in a StringReader

you wrote earlier that from your jdom experience, that new users
frequently miss this. Sun deals by putting code snipits in the javadoc
BufferedReader comes to mind.