xom-interest - [XOM-interest] The mysterious LeafNode class

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: John Cowan <jcowan AT reutershealth.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] The mysterious LeafNode class
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:02:14 -0400 (EDT)

The Javadoc on the site (which is all I am looking at just now, as I'm
trying to do an architectural review) has an undocumented LeafNode class,
which is the parent of DocType, Comment, ProcessingInstruction, and Text
(and the child of TreeNode). Presumably this is an attempt to abstract
the idea of a node which is not a container. What's the story here?

FWIW, I think it would be better to have Node and a child Container
whose children are Element and Document, and move the other stuff from
TreeNode to Node. It simplifies the architecture.

--
Deshil Holles eamus. Deshil Holles eamus. Deshil Holles eamus.
Send us, bright one, light one, Horhorn, quickening, and wombfruit. (3x)