v2k-announce - [V2k-announce] FEDERAL SOUL + MASALA BEAT CLUB TONIGHT! With New Myspace Pages!

v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: DJ Marco <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>
  • To: "Ch-Scene Alt.Music.Chapel-Hill" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "clubaugogo AT yahoogroups.com" <clubaugogo AT yahoogroups.com>, Satisfaction Club LA <SatisfactionClub AT yahoogroups.com>, UNC Campus Events <i-table2001 AT listserv.unc.edu>, V2K <v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>, NCSU South Asia Events List <southasiaevents-owner AT lists.ncsu.edu>, ModGarage Yahoo Group <modgarage AT yahoogroups.com>, ECMSA-Revisited <ECMSA-Revisited AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [V2k-announce] FEDERAL SOUL + MASALA BEAT CLUB TONIGHT! With New Myspace Pages!
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 00:54:34 -0400

FEDERAL SOUL & MASALA BEAT CLUB are going down this week, and both parties
now have their own Myspace pages! Scroll down for more info!!!

Thursday, June 8 :: 10pm-2am
FEDERAL SOUL
at FEDERAL
914 W. Main St. :: Durham, NC 27701 :: USA :: 919.680.8611
FREE ADMISSION!
with DJ Marco + DJ Midnite Cowbwoy
http://www.thefederal.net/

Cowbwoy & Marco are back from the amazing party called ModChicago and not
only did they hear tons of great music while in the windy city, but they
brought some of it back with them to play tonight. Here's a few records that
Marco kidnapped to the Old North State, ranging from funk to northern soul
to garage to european beat:

The Chimes: The Beginning of My Life 45 Down to Earth
The Ascots: Miss Heartbreaker 45 MBS
Georgie Woods: Potato Salad 45 Fat Back
Syl Johnson: Straight Love No Chaser 45 Zachron
Flaming Embers: Hey Mama 45 Ric Tic
The Eight Minutes: Here¹s Some Dances 45 Jay Pee
The Tenth Dymentions: The Bushman 45 Sapphire
Kit & The Outlaws: Don¹t Tread On Me 45 Philips
Johnny Williams: Breaking Point 45 Twinight
Darrow Fletcher: My Young Misery 45 Groovy
The Bag: Red Purple & Blue 45 Decca
Jackie Lomax : The Eagle Laughs At You LP Apple
Larry Williams: Wake Up 45 (promo) Venture
Choc: I Want You To Be My Girl 45 London
Rupert¹s People: Hold On 45 Bell
Los Brincos: El Pasaporte 45 Novola Spain
Eddy Mitchell: Aie!!! 45 Barclay France

Want to hear some of these tunes BEFORE you come out to Federal? No problem!
Just check out the new FEDERAL SOUL MYSPACE PAGE for FOUR AWESOME FUNK &
SOUL MP3 DOWNLOADS!

http://www.myspace.com/federalsoul

And become our friend while you're at it... with only two friends so far,
Federal Soul is feeling lonely!

FRIDAY, JUNE 9 :: 11pm-2am and beyond
MASALA BEAT CLUB
at TALULLAS
456 W. Franklin St. :: Chapel Hill, NC :: USA :: 919.933.1177
$3 ADMISSION
http://www.talullas.com/

DJ Marco + DJ Mogambo spin bhangra, bollywood, hiphop, dancehall, asian
electronic and reggaeton with a desi twist! Come to NC's longest running
Indian club party!

And if you've ever wondered what kind of music we play, check out the new
MASALA BEAT CLUB MYSPACE PAGE for 3 great MP3s and 4 great videos showing
the wide range of desi sounds we throw down!

http://www.myspace.com/masalabeatclub

  • [V2k-announce] FEDERAL SOUL + MASALA BEAT CLUB TONIGHT! With New Myspace Pages!, DJ Marco, 06/08/2006