v2k-announce - [V2k-announce] MASALA BEAT CLUB this SATURDAY!

v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: DJ Marco <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>
  • To: "Ch-Scene Alt.Music.Chapel-Hill" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>, UNC Campus Events <i-table2001 AT listserv.unc.edu>, V2K <v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>, NCSU South Asia Events List <southasiaevents-owner AT lists.ncsu.edu>
  • Subject: [V2k-announce] MASALA BEAT CLUB this SATURDAY!
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:23:20 -0400

Saturday, May 27 :: 10pm-2am and beyond!
MASALA BEAT CLUB
At RINGSIDE
308 W. Main St. :: Durham, NC :: USA :: 919.680.2100

w/ DJ MARCO and DJ MOGAMBO
spinning bhangra, bollywood, remixes, hiphop, reggaeton and
dancehall... all with a desi twist

+ Bollywood video lounge
+ Gagan's Bhangra Dance Lessons around 11pm!

$8 MEMBERS, $10 GUESTS

The last Masala Beat Club was one of the best ever! Our super secret
reporter under cover from the DC mag/website
http://www.theindianamerican.com/ was able to get some great photos to show
the rest of the world how we rock out in CH. Look for the upcoming issue of
the magazine which will feature the article by Shilpi Paul about Masala Beat
Club and the musicology and evolution of Bhangra. This week we are off again
this time in D - town. This will also be at most the penultimate and at
least the last appearance of Mogambo before his departure for the antipodes;
so check us out!

FUN PARTY COLLAGE HERE:
http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/images/mbc_ringside.jpg

NEW DJ MARCO DESI SPINS FOR MAY
Sona Family: "More Glassy (remix)
Gunjan & Bikram Singh: "Kawan (Jay Dabhi's Bhangraton mix)"

MORE INFO
MASALA BEAT CLUB
http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/music/music.html

RINGSIDE
http://www.myspace.com/308ringside

SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR FRIENDS AT...
SONA FAMILY :: http://www.sonafamily.com/
PUNJAB 2000 + FRIENDS ELECTRICS :: http://www.punjab2000.co.uk/
SAATHEE MAGAZINE :: http://www.saathee.com/
PALIKA BAZAAR :: 919.463.0338
INDIAN MUSIC WORLD :: 919.388.5789

HEAR THE LATEST DESI TUNES ONLINE!

PANJABI HIT SQUAD on BBC 1XTRA
http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/dj_biogs/dj_punjabi.shtml

ADIL RAY on BBC ASIAN NETWORK
http://www.bbc.co.uk/asiannetwork/presenters/adil_ray/

BOBBY FRICTION & NIHAL on BBC RADIO1
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/urban/bobbyandnihal/

GEET BAZAAR South Asian Music Show with AFROZ TAJ
Sundays 8am-10am on 88.1 WKNC
http://www.wknc.org/

  • [V2k-announce] MASALA BEAT CLUB this SATURDAY!, DJ Marco, 05/26/2006