v2k-announce - [V2k-announce] FEDERAL SOUL TONIGHT! WITH SOUNDCLIPS!!!

v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: DJ Marco <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>
  • To: "Ch-Scene Alt.Music.Chapel-Hill" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Bespoke List <bespoke AT yahoogroups.com>, "clubaugogo AT yahoogroups.com" <clubaugogo AT yahoogroups.com>, East Coast Mod Scene Archive <EastCoastModSceneArchive AT yahoogroups.com>, Satisfaction Club LA <SatisfactionClub AT yahoogroups.com>, UNC Campus Events <i-table2001 AT listserv.unc.edu>, V2K <v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [V2k-announce] FEDERAL SOUL TONIGHT! WITH SOUNDCLIPS!!!
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:05:27 -0400

TONS of MP3 links for you - listen now, sing along tonight!

Thursday, April 20 :: 10pm-2am
FEDERAL SOUL
at FEDERAL
914 W. Main St. :: Durham, NC 27701 :: USA :: 919.680.8611
FREE ADMISSION!
with DJ Marco

Marco provides the soulful soundtrack in Durham with strictly vinyl deep
selections of r'n'b, jazz, funk, soul, and reggae from the 60s-70s. And hey
ladies - get that ape you call a boyfriend to buy you a $1.50 PBR or two!

NEW DJ MARCO SPINS FOR APRIL

Jimmy Delphis: Don¹t Sign the Paper Baby / Almost 45 (Karen)
Liliane St. Pierre: Dieu Seul Sait 45 (Disques Fleche France)
John Woolley & Just Born: You're Lying 45 (Ronnex Belgium)
Jacques Dutronc: Le Responsible 45 (Vogue France)

And now you can hear some of what you've been missing with these links:

FULL MP3 DOWNLOADS FOR THESE SONGS
Azie Mortimer: You Can¹t TAke It Away / A One Way Love 45 (Okeh WLP)
http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/audio/AzieMortimer_YouCantTakeItAway.mp3

Samantha Jones: Ford Leads the Way / Go Ahead 45 (Ford Holland)
http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/audio/SamanthaJones_GoAhead.mp3

Poe: Automatic Writing (UNI LP)
http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/audio/Poe_AutomaticWriting.mp3

PARTIAL MP3 CLIPS FOR THESE SONGS (thanks georgiasoul.com!)
Chuck Bernard: Hobo Flats / You're An Indian Giver (Maverick)
http://www.georgiasoul.com/sounds/records/bernard.mp3

Bob & Earl: Dancin' Everywhere / Baby It's Over (Mirwood)
http://www.georgiasoul.com/sounds/records/bobearl.mp3

Gloria Taylor: Unyielding / Yesterday Will Never Come Again (Mercury)
http://www.georgiasoul.com/sounds/records/taylor.mp3

Continental 4: The Way I Love You / I Don't Have You (Jay-Walking)
http://www.georgiasoul.com/sounds/records/continental.mp3

Gloria Gaynor: She'll Be Sorry / Let Me Go Baby (Jocida)
http://www.georgiasoul.com/sounds/records/gaynor.mp3

Hannibal: I'm Your Man / I'm Getting Ready (Venture)
http://www.georgiasoul.com/sounds/records/hannibal.mp3

Fred Hughes: Oo Wee Baby I Love You / I Understand (Brunswick)
http://www.georgiasoul.com/sounds/records/hughes.mp3

Tamiko Jones: Read Me Right (Arista)
http://www.georgiasoul.com/sounds/records/jones.mp3

Tenison Stephens: Baby, I'm A Fool For You / Hurry Change (Aries)
http://www.georgiasoul.com/sounds/records/stephens.mp3

Barbara & Brenda: That's Why I Love You / One More Chance (Heidi)
http://www.georgiasoul.com/sounds/records/barbrenda.mp3

CHECK OUT THESE WEBSITES FOR MORE CLIPS
Dynamites feat. Charles Walker: Come On In / Slinky 45 (Outta Sight)
http://www.myspace.com/thedynamitesband

New Mastersounds: Butter For Yo Popcorn 45 (Soulcookers UK)
http://www.newmastersounds.com/

Darondo: LET MY PEOPLE GO LP (Ubiquity reissue)
http://www.ubiquityrecords.com/lh048.html

Poets of Rhythm: PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH LP (Daptone reissue)
http://www.daptonerecords.com/pages/dap007LP-CD.html

http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/
http://www.thefederal.net/

  • [V2k-announce] FEDERAL SOUL TONIGHT! WITH SOUNDCLIPS!!!, DJ Marco, 04/20/2006