v2k-announce - [V2k-announce] SOLID! Soul Weekend + NEW 60s PARTIES!

v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: DJ Marco <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>
  • To: SolidSoundSystem <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>, V2K <v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Bespoke List <bespoke AT egroups.com>, UNC Campus Events <i-table2001 AT listserv.unc.edu>, "Ch-Scene Alt.Music.Chapel-Hill" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Ringside Yahoo Group List <ringside_durham AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [V2k-announce] SOLID! Soul Weekend + NEW 60s PARTIES!
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 01:05:06 -0500

Not only do we have two regular soul events this week, but scroll down to
check out two NEW 60s-themed parties in Chapel Hill & Raleigh from Marco &
Cowbwoy!

But first a little taste of what you might hear this month...

NEW MARCO SPINS FOR DECEMBER

SOUL ALBUMS
Dionne Warwick: Just Being Myself (WB)
Marlena Shaw: The Spice of Life (Chess)
Shades of Brown: S.O.B. (Cadet)
Bobby Byrd: I Need Help (King)
King Floyd: Think About It (Atco)
The Artistics: Look Out (Brunswick)
The Artistics: What Happened (Brunswick)
Midnight Movers: Follow The Wind (Buddah)

SOUL 45s
Toby King: Itch & Scratch / I¹m Ridin¹ (Sound Plus)
The Precisions: Funky People (Pro) NC FUNK!
Guitar Slim: Mini Boogaloo / That¹s What It¹s All About (BoRo) NC SOUL!
Clarence Reid: Chicken Hawk / That¹s How It Is (Alston)
Major Lance: Hey Little Girl / Crying in the Rain (Okeh)
Lotti Golden: Sock It To Me Baby / Annabelle With Bells (Atlantic)
Leon¹s Creation: This Is The Beginning / Love (Studio 10)
Eldridge Holmes: Now That I¹ve Lost You / Where Is Love (Deesu)
Linda Jones: Make Me Surrender / What¹ve I Done (Loma)
East Bay Soul Brass: The Panther / Let¹s Go Let¹s Go Let¹s Go (Rampart)
Dramatics: Your Love Was Strange (Volt)
The Equals: Softly Softly / Lonely Rita (President)
Vicki Anderson: Answer to Mother Popcorn / I¹ll Work It Out (King)
Ella Washington: Sweeter & Sweeter / Doing the Best I Can (Sound Stage 7)
Darrell Banks: (Our Love Is) In the Pocket (Revilot)
McKinley Travis: You¹ve Got It And I Want It (Pride)
Jodi Mathis: Young Power (Capitol)

GARAGE/PSYCH/FREAKBEAT/EURO
Sandie Shaw: You¹ve Not Changed / Don¹t Make Me Cry (Pye UK) 45
Marc Hamilton: Tapis Magique (Disques Carrere France) 45
Hairpower: Royal International Love-In / Dead End (Epic) 45
The Nazz: Hello It¹s Me / Open My Eyes (SGC) 45
Deep Purple: The Bird Has Flown / Emmaretta (Tetragrammaton) 45
Mandala: Soul Crusade (Atlantic) LP
Cherry People: s/t (Heritage) LP
The Road: s/t (Kama Sutra) LP

REGGAE 45s
Sister Nancy: Proud A We / Version (Techniques)
Culture: Two Sevens Clash / Version (Gibbs)
Willie Francis: Oh What A Mini / Version (Little Willie)

Thursday, December 1 :: 10pm-2am
FEDERAL SOUL
at FEDERAL
914 W. Main St. :: Durham, NC 27701 :: USA :: 919.680.8611
FREE ADMISSION!

DJ Marco provides the soulful soundtrack in Durham with strictly vinyl deep
selections of r'n'b, jazz, funk, soul, and reggae from the 60s-70s. $1.50
PBRs too!

http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/
http://www.thefederal.net/

Saturday, December 3 - 10pm-2am and beyond
SOLID! FUNK & SOUL PARTY
at RINGSIDE
308 W. Main St. :: Durham, NC :: USA :: 919.680.2100
$8 MEMBERS, $10 GUESTS

With DJ Marco, DJ Midnite Cowbwoy, Nate The Skate,
plus the Solid Gogo Dancers!!!

Get down to the heaviest 60s-70s sounds of raucous r'n'b, northern soul, raw
funk, garage, freakbeat, latin soul, reggae, and more with SolidSoundSystem
crew this Saturday!

http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/

Wednesday, Dec. 7 - 10pm-2am
AND
Wednesday, Dec. 21 - 10pm-2am
THE HONEY MACHINE
Talulla's - Chapel Hill NC
FREE ADMISSION!
With DJ Marco + DJ Midnite Cowbwoy spinning
60s-70s international groovy sounds! Bollywood Breaks, Brazilian Bossa,
German Go Go, French Ye Ye, Sexy Soundtracks, USA Garage, Asian Pop, Euro
Grooves, Soul, Jazz and more!
http://www.talullas.com/

Tuesday, Dec. 27 - 10pm-2am
BIFF! BANG! POW!
Slim's - Raleigh NC
FREE ADMISSION!
with DJ Midnite Cowbwoy + DJ Della + DJ Marco
60s rock night! UK, Garage, Freakbeat, Raw R'n'B & Mod sounds!
http://www.myspace.com/slimsdowntownraleigh

CAROLINASOUL.ORG NOW ONLINE!
Check out
http://www.carolinasoul.org/
for the most comprehensive listing of Carolina Soul ANYWHERE!!!

HEAR GREAT 60s-70s SOUL AND MORE ON LIVE 365
REAL NITTY GRITTY RADIO with tunes handpicked by
Midnite Cowbwoy, Agent 45, Tony The Tyger and Carlos P.!
http://www.live365.com/stations/supermod67

MARCO ON MYSPACE
http://www.myspace.com/soulmarcosa

MIDNITE COWBWOY ON MYSPACE
http://www.myspace.com/midnitecowbwoy

  • [V2k-announce] SOLID! Soul Weekend + NEW 60s PARTIES!, DJ Marco, 12/01/2005