v2k-announce - [V2k-announce] Fwd: MERCADOOCASIO for President! GlamPro Triangle Happenings!

v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Stephanie Moore <glamooreproductions AT yahoo.com>
  • To: v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org, v2k AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [V2k-announce] Fwd: MERCADOOCASIO for President! GlamPro Triangle Happenings!
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 18:50:20 -0800 (PST)

Note: forwarded message attached.

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: glamooreproductions AT yahoo.com
  • To: glamooreproductions AT yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 12:36:06 -0500 (EST)

Whatever your views and whatever the outcome of this election, I hope that you can take a stand personally, to live your life in a way that reflects your beliefs and aspirations.

I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him. ~Abraham Lincoln

MERCADOOCASIO:ARTIST RECEPTION:Friday, Nov. 5:CAFE CYCLO

This Friday night, join LeMoore and Artologie.org artist, Mercadoocasio as they treat us to house music and works reflecting the Neo American Geisha.

Artist Statement: In feudal Japan thousands of years ago, in a time of despair and war there were legends of the coming of an illustrated monkey. Who with his enchanted brush would paint images so beautiful, those who were fighting would gaze upon these images and forget all they were fighting over and vanquish the woes of the people bringing peace and harmony to the land. As an Artist I don’t have the idealism the people of Japan had back then, but there is some truth to principles behind this legend. If I, for one moment, can create images so stunning and moving as to make people stand and ponder the meaning of them and thus forget their daily routines, I have done what the monkey did not. My goal is to move the viewer to make them feel something they have never felt before when they stand in front of my images.

In our turbulent time where we are bombarded by disturbing images of violence, Harvey Mercadoocasio seeks refuge in images of beauty and serenity that highly contrast with our current events. The artist shares with the viewer these moments of peace and introspect, brief periods in which we can lose ourselves for a moment and seek inner peace.

Neo American Geisha is the integration of cultures in style, technique, and philosophy. The seamless use of Eastern and Western materials influenced by Masters that span centuries of time such as Giacometti, Hokusai, Klimt, Hiroshige, Schiele, and Toyama.

Mercadoocasio and his works will be at CAFE CYCLO, Friday, November 5, 9pm. FREE.

Cafe Cyclo is located in Cameron Village at 202 Cameron Street (next to Baskin Robbins).

Lounge area couches, Bar area, Tables, Outside patio, Free wireless internet, specialty bar drinks, coffee drinks, desserts, entrees, and house music by DJ.

Check out Artologie.

Glamoore Productions Website

SORRY ABOUT THE WRONG LINK ADDRESS LAST WEEK! It is correct this week.

GlamPro lounge Forums are up and running! Post your events under the events section, find something to do under events, check out the artist calls and events under art, and under Fashion find out about the BIG 3rd Anniversary FAME party! Lots of DJ and artist opportunites listed also.

And you can always just chat and share also. Everyone is welcome!

Click here to go to lounge forums!

Sunshine Antique and Mercantile Company

FALL SALE! Christmas is right around the corner.

Print this out and bring to shop to get 15% off at SUNSHINE ANTIQUE and MERCANTILE Company located at 11723 Six Forks Rd, Raleigh 27614 (2.5 miles north of 540). Open Thursday-Monday:10am-5pm, Sunday:12-4.

FAME:FAR EAST FAME:NOVEMBER 20

November 20:FAR EAST FAME: It's a FAR EAST FAME in November!

HOUSE with LeMOORE and EASTERN GROOVES with DJ MARCO!

NEW works specific for the night by MERCADOOCASIO!

Fashion theme: Hello Kitty, Geishas, everything Far East!

Wait till you see the decorations!

RINGSIDE. 308 West Main Street, Durham, NC 10pm, 18+

Free Weeklies

RAW:Thursdays

Head for the house that groove built and waste away your Thursday night with 1/2 off Sushi rolls and deep house. Check out the best in raw deep house by LeMOORE. Music starts at 9:30pm. FREE.

SUSHI BLUES: 301 Glenwood South, Raleigh.

------------------------

SPIN:Fridays

Launching the weekend into grooves, there's never a cover and always a good vibe at this favorite late night grub and hang out spot! This week special guest, MERCADOOCASIO joins LeMOORE with some Friday foreplay of house music and geisha inspired art! Music starts at 9:30pm. FREE.

CAFE CYCLO: 2020 Cameron Street, Cameron Village, Raleigh.

------------------------

MERGE:Saturdays

The place to meet old friends and make new ones! World Grooves by SILVABACK! Free. Wireless connection. Food menu until late. Hot/Cold drinks, desserts and specialty bar drinks.

CAFE CYCLO: 2020 Cameron Street, Raleigh.

THANKS for all your continued support! We encourage respectful sharing of this information.

Glamoore Productions Website

To unsubscribe/change profile: click here.
To subscribe: click here.

Email list management powered by http://MailerMailer.com
--- End Message ---

  • [V2k-announce] Fwd: MERCADOOCASIO for President! GlamPro Triangle Happenings!, Stephanie Moore, 11/04/2004