v2k-announce - [V2k-announce] A Call for DJs

v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Jordan Mendenhall <mematt AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org, v2k AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [V2k-announce] A Call for DJs
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:15:24 -0400

Hi,

I'm Jordan Mendenhall, the president of the Carolina Electronic Music
Symposium. We have some upcoming events where we will need some DJs.
We've also been asked to help coordinate a few events with the Carolina
Union and others on campus, so help on those fronts would be great as
well. Also, to participate, you don't necessarily have to be a student
at UNC. Any help is appreciated in getting the music out.

1) We're planning on spinning in the Pit with the breakers at least a
day a week for the first two weeks of Nov. It's possible that if we
have enough DJs volunteer and the times are right that we would do two
days a week. The times would be from 4-7, or 5-7, whichever worked best
for people.

2) I recieved a letter from Becca Crawford, an events coordinator on
campus, asking for assistance in finding DJs of different genres to
come DJ at a 'rave' event that they're having Nov 13 from 5-9. You can
contact her (becca AT email.unc.edu) or me (mematt AT email.unc.edu) if
interested.

3) The Carolina Union Activities Board is planning an Elements of Hip
Hop program for Dec 2 in Great Hall and are looking for graffiti
artists, breakdancers, MCs, etc. If anyone does any of these things or
knows someone who does, contact Ada Wilson (adaw AT email.unc.edu). She's
looking for mostly local performers to showcase the stylings and
talents of the Triangle but I'm sure folks from outside are welcome as
well.

4) HIV Poetry and Performance Jam - Thursday, December 2nd at 7:30pm in
Gerrard Auditorium. They are looking for performers of all sorts as
long as it contains a message about HIV prevention, awareness, etc.
That can come in the forms of signs or what have you but seeing as this
was a genre founded and defined by gay and minority youth and then
decimated by AIDS I think it'd be honorable to have some people
represent there. Contact Beth Credle credle AT email.unc.edu if interested.

Thanks, and sorry for the long email, please let me know if you have
any interests in any of these events or in assisting CEMS with its
mission to spread electronic music in the UNC community.

Thanks!

-JM

  • [V2k-announce] A Call for DJs, Jordan Mendenhall, 10/21/2004