v2k-announce - [V2k-announce] Another weekend to look forward to

v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Max Gustashaw <newkularfamily AT yahoo.com>
  • To: v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [V2k-announce] Another weekend to look forward to
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 12:19:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, everyone,
I hope everyone had a great labor day, and that you
found everything you asked "the man" for under the
tree. Here's this week's announcement list, formatted
a bit more casually than usual.

TONIGHT, SEPTEMBER 5 @ the Cat's Cradle: hip hop from
the X-ECUTIONERS...this could be a "killer set" (I
know...) with KERBLOKI and WHATSISNAIM; $15

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 6 @ Ringside: CUBA LIBRE with KEITH
and a BIG ASS DRAG SHOW that begins at 11:30. Check
out pictures from last week's mad hatter's ball at
www.ringsidedurtham.com

SU8M3RG3D @ Henry's Bistro, Rosemary St. near the
Skylight Exchange and Tienda Mexicana. It's
Dyssembler's first all-drum-n-bass night. 10-2, $6/$9

Also, I heard a wacky rumor that NV will be bumpin'
Friday night. If you e-mail me, I will have a friend
of V2K put you on the guest list.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 7 @ Ringside: NATURAL SELECTION
with KEITH on the 4th floor. On the first floor will
be THE ALOHA CONCERT with jazz and cool blues. If you
haven't been to Ringside yet, there is something wrong
with you. (Or you have other priorties...but, really,
you should check it out.)

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 8 is bookended rather nicely with
KIETH at TREASURES AND TUNES, an atypical yard sale
taking place at 101 Fidelity St. in Carrboro (across
from AC Fitness). It starts at 8:30 A.M.
That evening, visit the West End Wine Bar for FAMILY,
the "mother, father, sister, and brother of all
grooves." Open turntables feature DJs of downtempo,
house, d-n-b, and everything in between. That's
8-midnight, all ages.

Come out this weekend.
Max