v2k-announce - [V2k-announce] DJs Wanted

v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Max Gustashaw <newkularfamily AT yahoo.com>
  • To: V2K <v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [V2k-announce] DJs Wanted
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 13:57:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Everyone
Max Gustashaw here. I currently have a part in
organizing a digital film and electronic music segment
of Lulu Tech Circus, a production of Bob Young's (Red
Hat) Lulu Press, in Raleigh from September 27-29. The
event, as a whole, is an effort to network geeks,
wannabe geeks, and families thereof in areas ranging
from robotics to computer gaming to digital film and
music. You can check out the website at
www.lulutechcircus.com.
You may want to showcase your talents and share your
ideas about electronic music performance and
production. The space will be set up with four
multi-headphone listening booths where experienced DJs
can spin two-hour sets. There will also be four booths
for beginners who can't resist the temptation to try
it out. If you want to play, present, or demonstrate
production techniques, please let me know asap. This
will be a great networking opportunity for people in
any area of electronic music. Just send me your name
and what kind of music you would like to play (because
we'll try to mix it up between the four booths).
Would anyone be interested in a DJ battle? Let me know
specifically.
Also, we will be having a press party for the event on
the evening of Thursday the 26th, though I'm not yet
sure where it will take place. It will likely be
semi-private, in that holders of passes to the tech
circus will be admitted for free.
Regardless of whether you want to take part in the
event, it will definitely be worth attending if have
any interest in technological culture.
You can e-mail me at newkularfamily AT yahoo.com, or you
can call me at (919)423-2688.
Thanks,
Max