unclug - [unclug] Linux Lunches start 10 January 2017: sign up for one of 11 slots before they run out

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Cristóbal Palmer <cmpalmer AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: ctc AT listserv.unc.edu, unc-rhce AT lists.ibiblio.org, UNC Linux Users Group <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [unclug] Linux Lunches start 10 January 2017: sign up for one of 11 slots before they run out
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 17:17:37 -0500

(With apologies for duplicates due to cross-posting...)

It's time to think about the Spring! Signup link: https://goo.gl/forms/3V3PhBgbfpkB3WrN2

WHAT: Have lunch and talk about linux-based systems/software.
WHEN: First Lunch is Tuesday the 10th of January, 2017 at 12:30pm
WHERE: A not-so-secret campus location to be revealed to attendees (did I pique your interest??)
HOW: short sign-up with a google form link again (requires a google account so that I have a working email address to contact you--send me a note off-list if you object to giving any data via goog): https://goo.gl/forms/3V3PhBgbfpkB3WrN2

MORE:
Some of us have been preparing to (re-)take the RHCSA/RHCE, and in the various meetings we've had, we've realized that many of us want to discuss things that are very out of scope for that, but that are definitely both useful and interesting if you're an IT person working with linux-based systems on campus. We figured having lunch together once a week was a decent way to do this. We will be loud early on, but will point folks to specific mailing lists once we find a rhythm.

Here's the (long) Google Forms link for those of you who are appropriately skeptical of a URL shortener:

With much software,
--
Cristóbal Palmer
ibiblio.org

P.S.

Turns out it's really easy to cut off responses after a certain number in a google Form. Various google apps allow you to add arbitrary 'bound' scripts to a document created in the app, and this was the script I used for this form: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/7c2e2ba5251b38f01fe5bca98a55ab6d

  • [unclug] Linux Lunches start 10 January 2017: sign up for one of 11 slots before they run out, Cristóbal Palmer, 12/13/2016