unclug - [unclug] Reviving the LUG with a meeting on securing Linux Servers and Desktops

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Palmer, Cristóbal <cmpalmer AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: LSRV_ctc.con <ctc AT listserv.unc.edu>, "unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org" <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [unclug] Reviving the LUG with a meeting on securing Linux Servers and Desktops
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 18:37:45 +0000

Greetings fellow technical people,

Apologies to those who receive duplicates due to cross-posting.

Linux is more popular than ever, and the installed footprint keeps growing
even if you ignore things like Android. Perhaps because it has become so
common there has been less energy/enthusiasm in Linux User Groups (LUGs) in
the last few years. Or maybe it's just the economy/budget. Who knows, really?

Regardless, I'd like to have face-to-face meetings again, and what better way
to kick that off than with a meeting on AntiVirus options and other security
measures for Linux servers and desktops?

How does Thursday the 18th of this month at a location TBD sound? Whether you
like it or hate it, please reply off-list. I'll review responses and post
back when we have a definite time and place.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal Palmer
Systems Administrator with Open Systems

  • [unclug] Reviving the LUG with a meeting on securing Linux Servers and Desktops, Palmer , Cristóbal, 04/03/2013